Friday, July 10, 2009

Culinary Boot Camp


My mother found out about a Culinary Boot Camp for Kids being held at our local technical college. Over the summer, she has been watching my youngest of 11 years old (10 now but her birthday is in 2 weeks) and she has allowed her to experiment in the kitchen. Since this has taken place, I no longer can cook anything that tastes as good as "MeMe's" does. To think that all these years, I have been cooking everything from grilled cheese to scrambled eggs incorrectly. I was all in favor of this since my mother informed her that SPAM was a substitute for bacon! WTH?


The summer course is held for one week - Monday thru Friday - for 3 1/2 hours a day. It is intended to sharpen kids culinary skills. Children will learn from a real Chef how to make everything from scratch. (Poor Chef Ed - I think he's feeling insulted about now.) They offer several course with catchy names such as: Chillin' and Grillin', Cookies Round-The World, etc... The cost of this camp was $149 but we felt like it was worth it to keep kids busy plus is just a fun activity.


Maybe she can give Chef Ed a few pointers when she done. We'll see.......

No comments:

Blogger Design