Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sigh A Deep Sigh

I'm going to post twice today so please forgive me.

I've had a busy morning already. I got up early, came to work, met my mom and dad for my mom's eye surgery, and now I am back at work again.

Man, I feel like I have already worked an 8 hour day.

First, I want to give a shout out to a new blog that I follow - Live from the 205. It's a story about a woman who's world has been turned upside down after the loss of her husband/soul mate. I *shudder* at the thought of losing a spouse but I can relate to the loss of someone that you love in general. I feel her pain and she brings tears to my eyes every time I read her blog. After the loss of my brother, I know how people actually grieve themselves to death.

Second, my mom had eye surgery this morning. She had a cataract removed and had lasik. In two weeks, she will have the other eye done. I was glad I could scoot away from work for a few hours and be with her even though the surgery was noninvasive.

Last, I heard from the my way-ward eldest daughter yesterday. Remember, the one that is living with her dad because she didn't like my rules and I was too strict, and so on and so on??
Well, she started school at another high school yesterday. She had a successful first day with the exception of lunch where she had to sit by herself because she didn't know anyone. Gawd....that broke my heart into pieces and I spent the rest of the night crying my eyes out about it. Poor Chef Ed. That man has taken the brunt of my drama in the last 9 months. I swear I will make it up to you one day when you are old and I decide not to put you in a nursing home. (big smile....)

Today, I feel somewhat emotionally refreshed. I am hitting the gym after work and after leaving from there, I am going straight to church. You got it. Gym shorts and all. The Lord doesn't care what I look like and if the people at church do, then they will have to get over it.

Anyway, I will leave you with my Words of Wisdom for the day:

Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men. Think BIG!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Blogger Design