Saturday, August 15, 2009

And Mexico Thought They Had It Bad?

Sorry that I have been MIA for the last week. Turmoil was full swing with one heck of a bat in hand.

My baby girl and her dad returned home from Ohio (said while gagging) and my previous post spoke of the eversofamous "viral syndrome" that had reared it's ugly head.

On Tuesday morning, my mind lit up like a Christmas Tree on December 25th and I realized that she still had a recurring fever and really was not getting much better. My dad and his dry humor teased coyly about bringing back the "Yankee Swine Flu" and I realized that it certainly could be a possibility.

I got to work and called her pediatrician first thing and explained the whole situation about them traveling through the airports - blah, blah, blah....and said that I was really concerned that this was more flu-like symptoms that I was noticing. She suggest that I come in. All the while, her super-dad was coming down with a low grade temperature as well.

I'll cut to the chase here: The final outcome was a confirmed diagnosis of Swine Flu and every single one of us was put on Tamaflu.

By Thursday afternoon, I was ready to jump off of a bridge! Only two words are associated with Tamaflu in my book.

Nausea.

Diarrhea.

One full can of Lysol later, losing 3 pounds due to the nausea and diarrhea, and my skin smelling lof bleach from all of the disinfecting, everyone is better.

Newsflash: There has been over 6500 people in the state of South Carolina that have been diagnosed with Swine Flu.

So, when I remind you that I am leaving for week in Mexico on September 13th, please don't fret. I think I have my bases already covered.

No comments:

Blogger Design