Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dirty Little Secret

I am confessing this morning. I have been sucked into a new obsession. No, it's not shoes, make up or purses this time. It's coupon clipping!

I feel like I have been in a cave all of my life now that I have seen how much money you can actually save. Remember, I am Greek and we looooove a good deal.

There really isn't much to it. It's primarily all about knowing when to use your coupons. My long time friend, Amy, from Facebook actually turned me on to this when she posted that she purchased $194.61 of product from CVS and Walgreen's and only paid $14.92 for it all. Who's eye wouldn't that catch? I immediately wanted to know her secret. Amy actually attended a workshop from a lady that goes around and teaches others the basics of it all.

Even if you aren't in the south, you can get lots of information on how to get started from the Southern Savers website.

After a few days of thinking about my typical grocery shopping process, I decided that the coupon binder may work the best for me. I'll try it and keep everyone posted as to how it is working for me in addition to some of the savings that I intend on having.

Here is a preliminary view of how I will get it all organized. I still have to make the tab dividers, but ya'll get the big picture.


No comments:

Blogger Design