I've been tying to dabble in a book that I have had on my desk at work for quite some time. It's called Sanity Secrets For Stressed Out Women. It's written by a motivational speaker, Sue Augustine, and she can relate! She says that she has founded and tested over 25 different ways to make life better, balanced and more fulfilling. We'll see...if I can EVER finish the book!
Any-who, while getting my 5 minute reading session in this morning (while sippinig Acai Green Tea with Pomegranate - mmm, mmm, good!), I ran across this little tid bit that she threw in. It really struck a cord with me in terms of how different our society has become.
Take a look and compare these yourself.
You know you're living in the 21st Century when:
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
4. You email the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have an email
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help
you carry in the groceries. ( I am SO guilty of this one!)
7. Every commercial on television has a website at the bottom of the screen.
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 50)
years of your life, is now a cause for panic, and you turn around and get it.
10. You get up in the morning and go online before getting your cup of coffee.
11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. :=)
12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
13. Even worse, you were too rushed to notice there was no #9 on this list.
14. You actually went back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list, and now you are
laughing at yourself !
It's not easy to slow down when we're immersed in all of the paraphernalia of modern technology. But, it's worth a try, don't ya think?
Have a great weekend!