Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It Was All Fun And Games....

...until we lost power! My friend, Kim, could not have put it more perfectly.


Yes, we were able to temporarily live in the Snowcountry for about 36 hours, which, I might add, was 36 hours too long for me!


Snow blanketed the the Lowcountry of South Carolina Friday night and dumped 6 inches at our house. We all glared out the windows and doors in awe of what Mother Nature treated us to. With our one log of firewood left, we burned that baby in celebration of the largest snowfall in over a decade. Then, at the drop of a hat, DARKNESS fell upon us. Power gone. Heat gone. Last piece of firewood GONE!


I was suddenly jolted back to reality of WHY I love the SOUTH so much; the warmth, the charm, sandy beaches, seaside dining. What planet was I on when I was wishing and begging for snow? This time, I was definitely caught with my pants down and totally unprepared for what happens when people like me don't plan for emergencies such as these. And this, my friend, was an emergency!


I'll give you a glimpse of what our southern winter wonderland looked like.






I have to admit, it was pretty while it lasted.

No comments:

Blogger Design