Monday, December 29, 2008

Some Sugar For That Sour Mouth!

This post will not be a pleasant one so I think it's fair that I warn you ahead of time. You can thank the redneck girl in my office for this.

First, let me paint a picture for you. One sentence will take care of it. She drinks Mt. Dew out of a 2 liter bottle that sits on her desk. You heard it right the first time, no glass, no thermos, no NOTHING! I could not believe my eyes when I saw it for the first time and you should have seen Ed's face when I told him about it. I am not a full-blown debutante, but I do pride myself in most etiquette that has been instilled in me since birth.

She lit a match under me first thing this morning when we had a confrontation. She crossed the line in the delivery of her request and let me be the one to tell you that I don't take too kindly to that sort of thing. It wasn't just to me, but it was to two other co-workers whom I felt she offended. It may take awhile to get over Sharon's look of horror (she's our new office mate). I felt so bad for her. There are several of us that have a great relationship and we do tend to share a lot but nothing over and beyond what we deem is acceptable.

For the most part, I don't seek out confrontation but I don't back down from standing up from myself when I feel as if I have been disrespected. I treat others how I would like to be treated and the Golden Rule will always stand true with me.

I am gonna be brutal here when I state that I hate loud mouth people who have the tendency to "tell" rather than "request."

Go let someone else tolerate your crap 'cause you're not stealing MY joy, sister! (Thanks, Ed - I can hear you saying it right now. Mwah!!!)

T-10 days and counting until Mexico.



No comments:

Blogger Design