Monday, December 8, 2008

So Much Catching Up To Do!

Way too much time has passed since I have even thought about logging on to blog. The Saturday after Thanksgiving, my brother passed away peacefully at home and our family has really taken a blow from our loss. I am trying to attempt to put one foot in front of the other and move on with my life and deal with the devil of grief as we know it. I can sum things up by saying that no none can ever prepare for the loss of a loved on - even when you know it's coming - it does not make it any easier. Yet, I am very blessed to have so many friends and loved ones to comfort us in our time of need that words will never describe the appreciation that we feel.

My 38th birthday followed on December 6th and once again, Chef Ed came through with flying colors. I knew Darius Rucker from the old Hootie and the Blowfish was coming into town and I was painfully seeking tickets to purchase for his sold out show. I am gonna give a shout out to Crowfield, the band that opened for him, because they were amazing and they work with Ed part time. Such talent and genuinely thankful guys. Charleston is a great spot to breed vocal talent.
Third on the list was Jypsi. They are a small little country group that's attire gives new meaning to "gypsy" in itself. I couldn't put an outfit from Goodwill together if I TRIED that matched anything they had to offer! Once again, AWESOME talent if you can get past their clothes. Take some time and look them all up.

Darius Rucker being an hometown Charleston boy, filled the place wall to wall and he brought back so many old memories of being young and carefree at the Windjammer on the Isle of Palms. It was great to have seats so close (second row back from the stage) and nothing was better than being there with the one that has taken care of me the most over the last few years. Our next adventure is our week long trip to Mexico on January 9th. I have so much to think about as I file away all of the good memories that cherish. I am keeping faith in time healing all wounds. Darius helped, though!

No comments:

Blogger Design