Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Excess Baggage


I have debated long and hard about posting anything related to excess baggage in life for some time. Today, I am going to write from the heart and speak openly and honestly -because that is what blogging is all about, right?


Everyone one of us has a skeleton in our closet. I don't care who you are or how good of a life you have lived, there is always that one tiny little thing that is tucked away. Sometimes it rears it's ugly head; sometimes it doesn't. It only causes a problem most of the time when it interferes with the normalcy of your life.


I am going to dedicate this post to all of those ex-wives that don't give up. You see, we have one of those that we deal with on a semi-regular basis. We laugh and relate her to a hemorrhoid because she never really goes away; she just hides out temporarily. She sends messages of sorrow. She says the SAME EXACT WORDS repeatedly and she is really an emotional train wreck. In Chef Ed's defense, he has tried on NUMEROUS occasions to be very firm in letting her know that her communications are not welcome but she just can't get it.


What amazes me is how folks continue to set themselves up for hurt feelings by putting themselves in a situation for rejection. I can only speak for myself but if someone told me that they had no desire to communicate with me ever again, you would never see the whites of my eyes because I would be history. Why do you want to talk to someone that doesn't want to talk to you?


So, the saga continues. We had another great laugh about it. And until the Loch Ness Monster returns, we will keep the Preparation H pads tucked away in our closet.


No comments:

Blogger Design