Wednesday, June 24, 2009

John and Kate = Hate



I don't consider myself obsessed with John and Kate and their little tribe of cute kiddies, but I do, for whatever reason, find them interesting. Maybe it is due to the earlier episodes where they portrayed this family to have the majority of their life in line and managed to run their household like nothing short of a troop of army men.


I waited all week to view the "new" episode where John and Kate would announce their decision to be or not to be. In the back of my mind, I remembered my younger days where my grandmother would sit, watching The Young and The Restless and dared anyone to move or speak during that hour of soaps. On this night, I laid the ground rules for "NO TALKING" because I wanted to be sure that my nose was glued to the TV Monday night and I didn't want to miss a thing. My life is so exciting - wink, wink.


Right before the episode aired, I posted on Facebook, "I hope John and Kate don't throw in the towel." I had a few great comments from friends and I looked down below and saw that my friend, Pete, posted, "I don't know why anyone would watch John and Kate because it is ridiculously stupid." Boy, I felt a little kick in the teeth on that one! He had a truck load of other men that agreed with him totally! (dummy's).


The funniest comment that I did receive was that from my friend, Beth. She said that she didn't hear a single word John said because she was hypnotized from the two earring he had shining in BOTH ears! Was that new? Did he just get those? I can't imagine ME not noticing "bling" from a mile away!!


In the end, John and Kate did announce to "dissolve" their marriage. I am not so sure why I was so crazy about watching this show because I actually walked away feeling a little depressed about it. Sigh.


Why is it that we allow ourselves to be absorbed into someone else's problems? Is it because, for a brief moment, we can take the focus off of ourselves and rest assured that no one has a picture perfect life....or....it is because we don't have enough drama of our own to deal with?


By the way, those oldest girls have turned into little brats, anyway. I don't think I'll be watching much anymore.


No comments:

Blogger Design