Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wine - With A Side of In-Laws


Although wine is a staple at any event at my in-laws, we do greatly enjoy each other's company. Last night was no exception. In spite of the fact that Ed and his father talk business constantly, I laid down the law last night when they were in town. My nerves could simply not take the heat of the moment that arises when both of them disagree (which is the majority of the time). It had been a few months since we had seen Ed's parents and his mother is suffering from early Alzheimer's so we were not sure what we were walking in to. I was pleasantly surprised with our visit. As usual, when we drove up, we all squealed and hugged and kissed and immediately poured the wine! I was able to escape the troubles of my own life for a moment, enjoy shrimp and grits, key lime pie, and a family that loves me unconditionally. I really do have a lot to be thankful for.


No comments:

Blogger Design