Tuesday, November 25, 2008

God Love Paula Deen!


I'll admit that I am a Food Network Junkie. Something about being attached to a Chef makes it sort of a competition at times. He is a great cook and I'll give him credit for that, but I don't do too bad myself because I have managed to raise two children and feed them well loooong before he came along. As Greeks, we don't miss too many meals, either. Growing up, most events centered around some celebration with lots of loud chatter and enormous amounts of food. Have you seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding?? THAT would be us except marrying a Greek was never mandatory- only suggested.

Anyway, I just love, love Paula Deen. She can get on my nerves sometimes with the "ya'll" stuff and she goes overboard with that quite often. My brother and I had a conversation last night about her and he said that he thought she did that for all of the "Yankees" that watch her show. (He still does have his wit about him.) I told him that he was probably right because we have lived here all of our lives and I have NEVER heard anyone say "ya'll" that many times in one conversation. All in all, I think Paula has a good heart and she has struggled to get to where she is today. She is a self-made woman who worked hard and did it honestly.

While watching her Thanksgiving Day special, she made these Sweet Potato Balls and they looked amazing! You form the sweet potato mixture around a marshmallow and bake them in the oven. That is gonna be our dessert this year! You'll have to log on to Food Network in order to find the complete recipe but I'll bet it will be well worth it!

Now for the mushy stuff.....Today is my last day of work for the week. I decided to take off Wednesday in order to spend some time with my family for our last Thanksgiving together with Richard. If I have never said this before, I feel like someone has a stop watch on my time and we are eager to cram in all that we want to do and say to each other before his end of time on this earth as we know it. If I blog about this and bother to share things with you, my hope would be that everyone that stumbles across this page will say "I love you" to their friends and loved ones this holiday. Don't wait because you will never get yesterday back again.

Make every day your Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Blogger Design