Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bittersweet

This is a bittersweet post today and the main reason for posting at all is that I find it rather therapeutic and uplifting to blog at times.

After five years of being the bravest solider that I have ever encountered, my brother will go home and enter hospice care in a few days in order to spend the remainder of his life with dignity. This has always been my wish for him.

Cancer is one of Satan's biggest weapons and I am almost certain that he uses this to destroy families and spirits. We have all been on an emotional roller coaster for the past 5 years and we know that peace for all is soon to come. I can only sympathize with other families that have endured such hardships as we have and I pray every day for those people to stick together and cherish every moment.

This ordeal has been confirmation that cancer knows no name or face. Any one, any time can fall victim to it and it come bearing no mercy.

I lift my eyes to a much higher power that consoles me when I feel like I can't make it one more day. I often wonder how folks without faith get through tough times like these? It isn't easy with Him on your side but I can't imagine what it would be like all alone.

It only makes us stronger.

No comments:

Blogger Design