Saturday, November 15, 2008

Out of The Woodwork

Forgive me while I ponder a few thoughts on a dreary Saturday afternoon...........

I took yesterday off to be with my brother and family and also hit the grocery store during my little bit of down time so my family could eat. It turned out to be an enjoyable day with a few family members that stopped by to see us.

I am unsure if it is "right" for everyone to come by NOW that they know my brother isn't going to get any better and hospice is involved?? Where have they been for the last few years during the peak of his illness? Granted, we have a large family and everyone is older and busy now. Should I feel this way or should I be accepting of folks that lose track of time and never come around when all is well? Maybe this is a part of the roller coaster of emotions that I have been experiencing the last few weeks. My patience has been thin and my family has been bearing the brunt of it, unfortunately.

I can make a promise to all that from here on out, I will visit and call during the good times in life so I will never have to meet friends and loved ones under unfortunate conditions.

Have you called someone that you love to tell them that you are thinking of them? If not, you should.

I miss Chef Ed today while he's working........... he makes me feel better.....and when he reads this, I hope he knows how much I love him today.... and every day.

No comments:

Blogger Design