Friday, September 19, 2008

I Can Smell It!


I can smell fall in the air and I love this time of year when the chill in the mornings does your hair good because the humidity isn't lurking. The last weekend of summer is here and our past habits have shown that when it's fall, we take a trip to somewhere "beachy" and when it's summer, we travel to somewhere "cool." Personally, I think it's just an excuse for us to get away but who's keep track?? Anyway, we (I) planned a "spur of the moment" getaway a few weeks ago - by the way, "spur of the moment" IS planning a few weeks out because we have to make sure the girls are taken care of- and we are headed to Hendersonville, NC. My parents are frequent flyers to this place and it gives me a sense of homeyness. We are huge farmers market goers and love the freshness of flowers and produce. For the last several years, we have purchased our Halloween pumpkins there as well. Poplar Lodge is our chosen place for a nice dinner with a wine bar nestled in the mountains in an old rustic lodge with a view to die for! We are big into supporting the locals when we travel and not so much into eating at the chain restaurants. I can't wait to post my pics when we return!










No comments:

Blogger Design