Saturday, June 7, 2008

Where does the strength come from?

Is it me....or is my "going on faith alone" being tested? The most unthinkable situation occurred yesterday and the only way to describe it is to say that it was like "ALMOST being struck by lightning." Around 6pm yesterday afternoon, the area in front of my house was swarmed by the fire department, EMS and several local police officers. The mother of a precious child came screaming from her house begging the emergency medical personnel to help her. The most tragic of all things had just occurred.......her 17 month old baby had drowned in their family pool. As I go through the thoughts of this story once again, the same feeling in the pit of my stomach occurs the very same way it did as when I first learned of what was happening. A small child drowning and a mother and father that have to live with the overwhelming grief for the rest of their lives? I just can't fathom it; not in a million years. Our test of faith happens every day; sometimes it is like a flashing neon sign and other times it is the very subtle obstacles that the Lord puts in front of us. However they are delivered to us, it is important that we hold true to the fact that there is a much bigger picture that we all fail to see. I don't know a lot of things and I, by far, don't have very many answers to the questions that my children ask me when they look up into my eyes. But, one solid answer will always remain and that is that my God is faithful and he will never fail to give us more than we can handle. He will protect Jake and Michelle through this trying time and when they cannot find comfort in each other; they will find comfort in the stillness of the uncomprehending love that the Lord has for them. Kiss your children tonight and tell them that you love them. They are a gift and a privilege from above. We should all be humbled.

No comments:

Blogger Design