Saturday, June 21, 2008

Taking Some Time

After taking some time to gather my thoughts after a long awaited short vacation, I am finally finding time to update. Our cabin in TN was gorgeous and it overlooked the hills along side of the mountain. I woke up around 6:30 am every morning to enjoy the sunrise along with the peace and quiet of nature that surrounded us. A momma robin had made her nest on the corner of the cabin and she watched us as much as we watched her for the five days that we were there. It was so amazing to me to see all of the things that are put on this earth for our enjoyment. We saw rabbits, two beavers, deer, wild turkey's, a skunk, and the highlight of the trip was the BEAR that we saw crossing the road in front of us! The most adventurous thing we attempted was tubing in the river and only advise that I can give anyone else desiring to do it is.......DON'T DO IT!! It is far from a leisurely stroll -- a brush with death is more of an accurate description!! That is all that I will say about that due to the lack of wanting to relive the moment.

Moving forward, my brother, Richard, has been battling cancer for the past several years and how it effects a family is so unfair. His recent PET scan has shown a 'hot spot' and we are anxiously awaiting the results of what our next steps will be next Friday. I have got to try to find a way to make peace with the situation of aging parents and a terminally ill sibling. The overwhelming feeling of not being able to catch a break causes me to feel a little pressed at times. Trying to juggle a healthy relationship, raising children and a career keeps me on my toes and brings me to the reality that life is not always how you would like it to be but you have to make the most of what is placed before you. If I look next door, it is pure evidence that there is always someone who is less fortunate than I am. I have been blessed.

No comments:

Blogger Design